Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

CMV, EBV and Toxoplasma, gas, coated tongue

Dear Dr. Feinberg,

I asked this question couple of times, please tell me something. I had intercourse with this girl from October till February. After intercourse I had rashes on my groin area and constipation after a week. Then again on February the same thing, and till now I am feeling gas and gastrointestinal problems, white tongue.

Till now I have tested for HIV antibody, PCR RNA and DNA after 5 months all negative and not detectible. I have tested for Hepatitis A, positive, H. Pylori positive, by biopsy, CMV, EBV and Toxoplasma positive IGG and negative IGM so Doctor I know that all this related to HIV but could it be the cause of my gastrointestinal problems? Could all this be transmitted from a person without having HIV?

Thanks in advance and what do you think I should do?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I have answered this question several times before, but I'll reply one last time (and then that's it). I think that your H. pylori infection has nothing to do with your sexual activity, and clearly you do not have HIV. You didn't give me enough information to know whether the hepatitis A is old or new, and all the other infections are old. You may have persistent gastrointestinal problems because the H. pylori wasn't entirely eradicated or because it has come back. The rest (rash, constipation) seems to me to be coincidence and/or anxiety and guilt. Since you saw a specialist to get the biopsy that diagnosed the H. pylori and since you still have GI complaints, I suggest that you go back to that doctor for some follow-up. I hope this helps.

HIV Antibodies!
Reactive lymph nodes & other symptoms