Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

HIV Antibodies!

I am from ASIA. I was infected three years back. Got tested several times (at intervals of 2,13,22,25,27,36 months).

I also had a PCR at 22nd month You wouldn't believe it all came out negative

But for one test (25th month) that is western blot in which two bands, one serum the other i can't recall came back positive and then I repeated western blot i.e. sent my blood sample to speciality's in santa monica (27th month)which came out negative.

I have had viral flu/fevers 8~10 times in the past two years and recently have started feeling very fatigued and anemic.

I had this severe itching in my feet(25th month) and recently too [it seems like my T-cells are trying to fight the HIV infection.(tcell count=1200)]

The itching disappeared and I had this mild fever for the past five days (no medication, just some ayurvedic treatment from my home land india)

I am 23 years old and would request you to help me come out of this web, if required i am ready to visit any doc,clinical trial in USA.

my worst nightmare is that i may have infected other people (through cat scratch, knife cuts, i.e. unknowingly)approximately 10 people max.(the same thing could be happening else where in the world)

Also I am concerned that if there are people who test neg. but are actually infected then what happens to those people who are innocent and get infected by people like me under unusual circumstances. So instead of spreading the false propaganda of 6 months we should come out and talk of the realities in the changing scenario of new HIV infections so that innocent people are not put at risk.

Do reply/Post this.

Thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You may indeed be HIV-, or you may be infected with a strain that is not picked up by tests used in the West, including PCR. If your tests were done outside of Asia, you should make it clear where your possible HIV exposure occurred, so you can be screened appropriately.

NEUROPATHY?
CMV, EBV and Toxoplasma, gas, coated tongue