Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

DIARRHEA/BOWEL INFECTION

I RECENTLY STARTED TO EXPERIENCE A CHANGE IN MY BOWEL HABITS

WHICH WENT FROM A NORMAL STOOL TO A STOOL THAT IS GREEN. IT IS SOLID, BUT THE TEXTURE AND THE COLOR GIVE ME CAUSE FOR WORRY. I HAVE HAD THE HEMOCULT TEST. ITS NOT COLON CANCER.

WHAT INFECTION(IF IT IS ONE) COULD BE CAUSING THIS CHANGE IN THE COLOR? ITS NOT FROM EATING GREEN VEGETABLES LIKE COLLARD GREENS OR BROCCOLI. I STOPPED EATING THOSE TO SEE IF THAT WAS THE CAUSE. BUT THE COLOR REMAINED THE SAME. I HAVE A APPOINTMENT WITH A G I SPECIALIST BUT THOUGHT MAYBE YOU COULD GIVE ME SOME ADVANCE IDEA OF THE UNDERLYING CAUSE. AND YES I AM HIV POSITIVE

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Green is the color of bile (the digestive juice stored in your gall bladder), and I suspect that for some reason your gall bladder is dumping a lot of bile into your GI tract. I don't think it's an infection, from what you say.

diarrhea for 3 months after switching to new meds
chronic diarrhea and endolimax nana