|MAC and cryptosporidosis
Feb 7, 2000
Why is there so much focus on Crypto and so little on MAC? What are the infection ratios of these two infections and how are they contracted?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I don't know where you got the impression on the relative focus on these OIs. There are no known treatments for cryptosporidiosis, but there are medicines for MAC. Crypto is probably contracted from contact with water contaminated with crypto cysts. No one is sure how MAC is contracted-- it is everywhere in the environment.
Spiramycin for cryptosporidiosis
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Can Someone Get HIV From Touching Penis?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
- Chances Of Getting HIV From Topping With Condom
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Fluid
- Are Itchy Red Spots A Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.