|MAC and cryptosporidosis
Feb 7, 2000
Why is there so much focus on Crypto and so little on MAC? What are the infection ratios of these two infections and how are they contracted?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I don't know where you got the impression on the relative focus on these OIs. There are no known treatments for cryptosporidiosis, but there are medicines for MAC. Crypto is probably contracted from contact with water contaminated with crypto cysts. No one is sure how MAC is contracted-- it is everywhere in the environment.
Spiramycin for cryptosporidiosis
- Painful Red Spots After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Can You Get Hiv From Blood On A Door Knob?
- HIV Antibody Testing 3 Months Vs 6 Months
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.