Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Meningisim

two years ago i was admitted into hospital with what i was told was meningisim ( i had all the signs and symptoms bar the rash of menningitis) could you explain to me what this was and could that have been the start of my CMV also, please explain simply what this is. Many Thanks.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

"Meningismus" means that your neck is stiff and painful when you try to move it because the covering of the brain and spinal cord, called the meninges, are inflamed or infected. The inflammation or infection causing this symptom is called "meningitis", which can be caused by a large number of germs. CMV can infect the brain substance but does not usually infect the meninges.

crypto-coccal menningitis and HIV
effects of Meningitis