|BLURRED VISION...SHOULD I BE WORRIED???
Dec 14, 1999
I am experiencing blurred vision in one eye. My CD count is 48 and viral load 180,000. What can this possibly lead to, and what test should I have done?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
You should be seen by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) who is experienced in taking car of AIDS patients with CMV retinitis, which is the most common cause of vision problems in HIV+ patients, who are at risk for this infection if they have CD4 counts less than 100 (and especially less than 50) and a positive blood test for prior exposure to CMV (positive "CMV IgG"). Because you have symptoms, I'd advise you to see an eye doctor right away, even if you haven't had a CMV IgG test yet or even if it's negative.
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Blurred Vision
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- Hair Loss After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- HIVpain In Penis After Touching Dried Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.