Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

BLURRED VISION...SHOULD I BE WORRIED???

I am experiencing blurred vision in one eye. My CD count is 48 and viral load 180,000. What can this possibly lead to, and what test should I have done?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

You should be seen by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) who is experienced in taking car of AIDS patients with CMV retinitis, which is the most common cause of vision problems in HIV+ patients, who are at risk for this infection if they have CD4 counts less than 100 (and especially less than 50) and a positive blood test for prior exposure to CMV (positive "CMV IgG"). Because you have symptoms, I'd advise you to see an eye doctor right away, even if you haven't had a CMV IgG test yet or even if it's negative.

CMV
cryptococcol menningitis