Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

CMV in the eye...or other infectin?

Dear doctor ,Iam hiv+ ...now for 4 weeks I have pain in my eye ..it started with itching ..now it is watering ..and I have pain inside my eye ..and the pain incearse when I try to read ..or in the sun light ..I feel like I have a cartain on my eye from one side ..and I always try to move this courtain!and my retina shows red broken veins from inside ..I have difficulty in seeing ..please tell me doctor is this cmv infection ..or any other eye disease?please doctot tell me what to do ..I feel I will lose my vision soon!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A painful red eye has many different possible causes, but is not the way the CMV retinitis (the usual CMV infection of the eye) starts. You should be seen by an ophthalmologist (eye doctor) as soon as possible. Please don't delay getting the right kind of help.

Ganciclovir and Procrit/Neupogen
I NEED HELP FOR MY FAMILY