Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

CMV in the eye...or other infectin?

Dear doctor ,Iam hiv+ ...now for 4 weeks I have pain in my eye ..it started with itching ..now it is watering ..and I have pain inside my eye ..and the pain incearse when I try to read ..or in the sun light ..I feel like I have a cartain on my eye from one side ..and I always try to move this courtain!and my retina shows red broken veins from inside ..I have difficulty in seeing ..please tell me doctor is this cmv infection ..or any other eye disease?please doctot tell me what to do ..I feel I will lose my vision soon!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

A painful red eye is a problem that should be evaluated by an eye doctor as soon as possible. Your symptoms do not sound typical for CMV infection. Any change in vision should always mean prompt attention from an eye doctor. If you still have these symptoms and have difficulty finding an eye doctor, then go to the nearest emergency room.

CMV AB titre
Ganciclovir and Procrit/Neupogen