|IVIG ACQUIRED CMV
Feb 7, 2000
IS IT POSSIBLE PT. COULD ACQUIRE CMV FROM IVIG - PT. GET 40GM EVERY 2 WEEKS FOR MYASTHENIA GRAVIS
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I don't think so-- IVIG should be screened so that there are no infectious agents present. To be 100% sure you could obtain a CMV IgM test and see if the patient has evidence of recent CMV infection. Also-- there are many other ways to acquire CMV, and IVIG strikes me as one of the least likely.
how to diagnose CMV retinitis?
- Is Thrush An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep C From Kissing A Hep C Infected Person?
- What Part Of The Body Is Affected By Hepatitis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.