Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Lip cancers

A couple of months ago I began to have a tingling sensation on the left side of my jaw when I touched my lower lip directly above. Since then then the tingling has progressed down to my adam's apple and is always present though it increases when I touch my lip.

I've read about the recent increase incidence of lip and other unusual cancers. But I've been unable to find any information specifically about them.

I've been positive for 7 years with a cd4 count in the 200's and with a family history of cancer.

Need I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

This problem is not readily answerable by email. You don't say whether there is a lesion you can se or feel on your lip or mouth, nor whether you smoke or chew tobacco. I suggest you see a physician for a thorough history and examination to get to the bottom of this.

Rhabdo Myosarcoma
Why Some Illnesses and Not Others?