Dec 20, 1999
Why can't they just put all of the blood on a machine and clean out the aids cells?
Please answer my Question
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Because, unfortunately, all the cells that are infected with HIV are not in the blood. They are also in other places like the brain and lymph nodes.
HIV+ with Multiple Myeloma
- Risk Of AIDS Transmission From Toothbrush
- Does HIV Cause White Spots?
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.