Jan 7, 2000
What if anything does Aids do to your insides?
Can the patient Die if they get aids?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Having AIDS means your immune system is severely damaged. It makes it easy for you to get infections and cancers that would not usually attack a person with a healthy immune system. People generally die from these "opportunistic" complications that take advantage of your weakened immune defenses, not from AIDS (advanced HIV disease) itself.
Hiv in Africa
- Who Are The Carriers Of Hpv?
- White Vinegar To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis
- When You Get The Shingles Vaccine Can You Still Get An Outbreak?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Does Genital Herpes Look Like On Men?
- What Are The Long Term Effects Of Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.