Mar 5, 2000
HI, I was wondering if HIV is able to be spread through kissing. Also, are there people who have higher concentrations of HIV in their saliva and other bodily fluids in general and if they have an OI? Thank you for all of your helpful information.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
HIV can possibly be transmitted by oral sex, but whether it can be transmitted by just kissing isn't clear. In general, the amount of HIV in saliva is low but it varied with different individuals. When people have OIs the amount of HIV goes up in their blood, but I'm not aware of data about whether the amount of virus goes up in saliva.
Careless Girl I know
- Tingling In Fingers After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Inverted Condom Worried I Have HIV
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Results Back?
- What Std Causes Hair Loss?
- 12 Week Hiv Test For A Conclusive Negative
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.