Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Stomach bacteria/infection

During an endoscopy to check for acid reflux and esophagus problems, my Doctor did a biopsy of my stomach tissue and discovered that I had helicobacter pylori infection. He wanted to know if I had traveled to a 3rd world country (I have not), and it's clear how I caught this infection. Is this a type of opportunistic infection that is typical of HIV or caused by a weakened immune system?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Helicobacter pylori infection is a common cause of stomach ulcers in both HIV- and HIV+ people. It is not an opportunistic infection nor is it associated with HIV or other causes of immune deficiency.

Hiv pos with dark green diarrhea
Is a late period a sign of ARS?