Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Hiv pos with dark green diarrhea

I am currently undetectible with ts 480 I am on combivir and viracept welli always have diahrea which i can handle well today it is a dark green is that the toxins it is yellow sometime and dark others but today it is Dark green am i ok?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Green diarrhea is just made up of bile fluid which normally empties into the gut. If your diarrhea is bad, ask your doctor for a prescription drug to slow it down, like Imodium or Lomotil. Another option is to change to a different protease inhibitor-- Viracept is well-known to cause lots of diarrhea.

Severe pharyngitis after possible HIV exposure
Stomach bacteria/infection