Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Active sexual life:expose to other virus and germs

I'm HIV A2 positive, 330 CD4 ,1600 VL ,no medication and positive a year ago. I have a really active sexual life (no hiv unsafe practices) so I may be overexposed to other virus and illnesses that may be fatal to my health. Is there any kind of prevention of profilaxis treatment I could do to avoid or reduce this danger? (please no sexual abstinence!!!). THANK YOU FOR YOUR EXTREMELY HELPFUL ADVICE AND SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH!!!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

If you scrupulously practice safe sex and always use a condom, you should be able to protect yourself against some other STDs. However, this protection is imperpfect and you may still be exposed to other STDs. While these other nfections won't kill you, they can certainly make your life miserable. There is no form of prophylaxis that will safeguard you. If you are going to continue to be sexually active, I advise you to seek medical care at the first sign that something may be wrong-- and ALWAYS use a condom!

Cervical Lymph Nodes
Is it REALLY an allergy?