Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

cmv in adult without hiv

I have had treatment for cmv (ganciclever) one year ago. My blood test came back negative. Now my blood test if postive and the titer count is increasing as well as symptoms. My Doctor recomeds another round of ganciclevr. Is this appropiate? If not what treatment is there for cmv mono symptoms?Sometimes the pain I experience is intense enough to take pain medication(prescripton).Thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There are other treatments for CMV, but in general they tend to have more side effects and must all be given IV (no pill form). You may just need another round of treatment, but I have little experience using CMV treatment for patients who do not have some form of immune system damage, and I wonder why you were treated in the first place.

Couple with recurring thrush
gaining weight..