|After a prolonged flu my smell never returned
Jul 5, 2001
Dear Dr. Six mos. ago I had a cold lasted 6wks..lost my sense of smell. Went to AIDS CLINIC and they gave me a nasal steroid, and after 3 weeks there was no effect. Do You know of similiar situations in HIV+ persons?. And if so, what remedies have worked? I've tried accupuncture & am on megadoses of prodiase inhibitors..thanks
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I've not encountered this situation before. I suggest you see an ENT doctor.
Hiv and lice
what is angioplasmosis?
- Would Herpes Show Up As Just One Sore
- Will Hpv Always Show Up On Std Test?
- What Organism Causes The Shingles?
- What If Your Chlamydia Gets Worse?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- The Risk Of Catching Gonorrhea From A Single Act Of Sexual Intercourse
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.