Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Chicken pox or HIV? Please help me sleep

Hello I need your help badly . I was diagonized with chickenpox after a possible hiv exposure though it was called low risk (i had used a condom). the rashes ,fever sore throat have all subsided and the rashes already formed into crusts . however , i am having pain in the muscles and joints (no fever ,sore throat etc ) after a week .Is there any way i can know that this is not HIv related without testing .Last 2 weeks i have not been able to sleep properly ,is the pain maybe associated due to this . Awaiting your reply anxiously

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no way to know whether you have HIV or not without being tested for it. Chicken pox, unlike the rash associated with HIV, is very uncomfortable and could interfere with your sleep, as could anxiety.

shingles for long time
Hiv and lice