Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

neuropathy & sleepy hands

Dr. Doctor:

Is neuropathy the same things as when your hands fall asleep when you rest on them? For some reason within the last sevral months, I wake up in the middle of the night with my hands or arms completely asleep. Is this it, or does nueropathy happen during when you are awake also?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Peripheral neuropathy starts in the feet and may progress to involve the hands; it doesn't start in the hands. The sensations you are describing are like the sensations of peripheral neuropathy, but in your case I suspect it is because you are sleeping in a position that pinches the nerves to your arms as they pass from your neck.

tattos and ody piercing is this a risk?.
Treating Nueropathy