|further testing after needllestick
Jul 1, 2001
i am considered a high risk needle stick from occupational injury. stick depth above the bevel, contact w/ spun cells and whole blood from a known hiv + patient. not knowing the manner of pts transmission to hiv, do i need to be tested for other opportunistict diseases? i am really scared and need to cover all my bases as my employer has left me to my own devices to cover my health issues, now and in the future. please help.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
is it shingles
tattos and ody piercing is this a risk?.
- Is Pain In Penis An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Red Eyes A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Thrush A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Do Steroids Cause Vaginal Infections?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Vaginal Pain After Sex?
- What Kind Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.