Jun 28, 2001
I was told by a doctor that i had petachia when I asked about a couple of red dots on my body. I then had a cbc about a week later and my pltelet count was 403 (normal 140-440). I have read that petachia is the result of low platlet counts then why was I told I had petachia?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Your doctor was mistaken.
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can Animal And Insect Bites Transmit Hepatitis?
- Can You Catch Oral Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.