Jun 25, 2001
I seem to get recurring rectal abcesses in the upper cleft of the rectum (about three in the last year and half). Could this be a swollen gland? Are abcesses a symptom of HIV?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
This is not a symptom of HIV, nor is it a swollen gland. Rectal fissures and rectal abscesses are more common in people who engage in anal sex, although they certainly can also occur in ither circumstances. You may wat to see a colorectal surgeon to see if there is an anatomic problem that predisposes you to recurrent rectal abscesses. Goo d luck!
i have a prob-- vaginal lump
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- When Having Hpv Should You Use A Condom?
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Herpes And Shingles?
- What Can Happen If Genital Herpes Is Left Untreated?
- What Are The Side Effects Of Shingles?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.