Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Neoral

Hi, I am HIV positive for 8 years, not on any medications, currently being treated for atopic ezecma with Neoral 100mg (Ciclosporin) twice a day. I understand that this medication is a super immune suppressant, does it pose any danger to me? Should I continue with this medication, it is helping me a great deal with my skin problem.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Do you have an HIV doctor? You should make sure that you have someone who monitors your HIV disease and that person should specifically be made aware of your use of cyclosporin. With appropriate follow-up it may be fine for you to continue taking this medication.

liver enzimes
airborn???