Jun 25, 2001
what exactly is parvo virus
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The B19 strain of parvovirus causes an infection that is asociated with low red blood cell counts (anemia), especially in people with daged immune systems. Parvovirus infections are not limited to HIV+ people-- they commonly occur in HIV- children, but do not cause serious disease.
STROKE FROM AIDS???
- Sore Throat During Seroconversion
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Are Cough Fever Runny Nose Sore Neck Hiv Symptoms?
- Can I Get Hiv From My Cat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.