For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Cure for Herpes ?

Dr., I have heard that there is a cure for Herpes 2. Is that correct and where can I find it? I was diagnosed several years ago as having Herpes 2 during an insurance medical. I have never noticed anything terribly unusual in the genital sores or blisters or such. Is this normal? I would appreciate your help!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

There is no cure for herpes infection, but it can be controlled with medication for poeple who have frequent outbreaks. It doesn't sound like that is what's happening to you. It is indeed normal to harbor the herpes virus and have no apparent disease from it-- consider yourself lucky.

Severe Skin Problems
Aids Cure in Thailand