Jun 17, 2001
Dear doctor in the past you have said the HIV neuropathy usually happens in the advanced stage of hiv, my question is, how soon can it happen? Is 2 years a a good time for it to start? Please help me out. thankyou very much
Response from Dr. Feinberg
It isn't possible to give a timeframe for this because different people have different rates of HIV disease progression. On AVERAGE, it might take 8-10 years fater becoming HIV-infected to develop HIV-related peripheral neuropathy.
chronic eye problems in newly-acquired HIV
- Blisters After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
- Can Amoxicillin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.