Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

please help. Thrush?

Sorry for my English and thanks for your atencion. It,s posible have thrush in the tongue during 2,5 years?. I have like a cream in the tongue. When I brush my tongue, the cream dissapear, but not all, and under the cream my tongue has like a very little white or yellow "hair" or points, and this don,t disappear. This is only in the tongue,and no in the lateral of it. No pain, no bad taste. I think that this is thrush and VIH. But now, I read that normally, thrush for VIH is in the all mouth, and ist,s very seldomm see this in the tongue as the only location where thrush present. It is true?, It, s normal have thrush (without meds), during 2,5 years, or normally thrush have to progrres to other part in the mouth. It is true?. Are there other diseases that look like this?. Thanks. With wonderful people like you, I Know that well win the war against this virus.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It would be pretty unusual to be HIV+ and have thrush constantly but only on the tongue for 2.5 years, without losing weight or getting sicker. Heavy cigarette smokers can have a film coating the tongue. I suggest you see a doctor if you want to know for sure.

neuropathy
MTB misdiagnosis