|red spots (KS?)
Jun 13, 2001
dear doctor. I have been diagnosed as HIV pos last Nov. About 2 weeks ago I notice red spots on the side of my legs, they were very itchy but disappeared after a a couple of days. Now I see similar spots on my upper leg and they are bright red (almost pink) and they are very itchy. I am otherwise very healthy (cd count upper 600 and low viral load, not on medication). What do you think this could be, I've read about KS and that it is uncommon in females.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Your problem doesn't sound anything like KS, but it could be folliculitis. See your doctor for a diagnosis.
Human - Animal interaction
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Amoxicillin Syphilis Treatment
- Can A Person Get Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.