Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Night Sweats

I've been diagnosed HIV+ in 1987 and for the past 8 eight years I have been experiencing night sweats.

This sweating occurs almost every time I sleep, not only during the night. When I wake up the sweating stops, but by then everything is drenched in sweat.

This is starting to really bother me. I have discussed this matter with my dr, but he says it's a good sign. It shows that my body is trying to fight off the infection.

Why do I suffer from this, but not my friend who has been HIV+ for just as long? And why does this stop the minute I wake up? Surely if any fever was involved I would continue sweating at least for a while after waking up.

Currently I'm on a Crixivan/Norvir/Stocrin combo. I don't take any supplements as I'm trying not to put too much stress on my liver. I would appreciate any suggestions that would help me to make these episodes stop.

Please help

Response from Dr. Feinberg

NIght sweats can be associated with certain opportunistic infections, but they can also occur as part of your body's response to HIV itself. The association with sleep may reflect some connection between the immune and nervous systems-- not too much is known about the pathophysiology of night sweats.

Please Help!! Chronic yeast...
pets