Jun 13, 2001
What are the different types of this? What part of Hiv do you get this? And does everyone Hiv pos get this? and could you die from this.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The neuropathy associated with HIV or drugs used to treat HIV is specifically a "peripheral neuropathy", meaning that it affects the feet and hands at the "periphery" of the body. Not everyone with HIV gets this, and it usually occurs in people who have been infected for a long time. You cannot die from it, although it can be painful.
Please Help!! Chronic yeast...
- Are Sore Throat Aches Pains Fatigue Fever Chills Hiv Symptoms?
- Would A Cbc Test Show If You Have Chlamydia
- Will Having My Genital Warts Removed Decrease My Chances Of Spreading It?
- What Is The Origin Of Gonorrhea?
- What Effects Can Gonorrhea Have On The Body?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.