Jun 13, 2001
Are there any cases were a person on meds stays udetetectible, and never progresses to aids. Well like magic Johnson isnt he Hiv pos but undetectible for all these years?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
To the extent of our experience with the "cocktail" therapies-- combinations of 3 or more drugs for HIV-- there have been many HIV+ people whose viral load has remianed undetectable and who have not had any progression to AIDS. It is too soon to say that this will last for 10, 20, 30 years, but that is certainly our hope.
Work and Opportunistic Infections
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Sperm Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.