Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

question on swollen lymph nodes

I understand the swollen lymph nodes in the neck, armpit, and groin are common symptoms of an HIV infection along with other infections as well. My question is with HIV positive individuals, is it most common to have swollen nodes in all of those areas, some of those areas, or is it most common to have one inflammed lymph node (example: having only one swollen lymph node in the armpit)? I know swollen lymph nodes can mean anything, but I was curious with what is most commonly found in HIV positive people. Thanks for everything!

Response from Dr. Feinberg

The answer is: any of the above. There is no one pattern of lymph node swelling that is associated with HIV-- one or more nodes can be involved in the same or different areas of the body.

Cellulitis???
Work and Opportunistic Infections