Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Cellulitis???

Hiv positive. Have quite a bit of cellulitis in back of my legs, more than it is normal. Reading answer given as regards this, is it possible that it has something to do with my condition?-Never heard this before, I thought it was due to something else ... Have not experience great deal of fat loss with treatments, but this cellulitis does coincide with starting with stronger triple combinations. Thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

I think that you've confused "cellulitis", an acute infection of the skin, with a cosmetic term, "cellulite" which has been used to describe fatty tissue especially in the arms and thighs in fashion magazines. If you had cellulitis, you'd have a fever and be sick, usually sick enough to be in the hospital.

lymphocyte count depression in acute HIV
question on swollen lymph nodes