Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

lymphocyte count depression in acute HIV

dear dr. feinberg,

in several of your responses you have said in in primary hiv infection count of lypmhpocytes goes down while neutrophil and sed rate goes up. now the question is when you mean 'going up or down' does it mean USUALLY that the count lies outside the normal range. like it the range for lumphocytes is 21-51 it would be <21 in case of infection. thank you.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Let me clarify that I never said that the white blood cell count or sed rate go up in acute HIV, just that the lymphocyte count goes down. This can be near the lower limit of normal or can be frankly abnormal.

liver enlarged
Cellulitis???