|lymphocyte count depression in acute HIV
Jun 13, 2001
dear dr. feinberg,
in several of your responses you have said in in primary hiv infection count of lypmhpocytes goes down while neutrophil and sed rate goes up. now the question is when you mean 'going up or down' does it mean USUALLY that the count lies outside the normal range. like it the range for lumphocytes is 21-51 it would be <21 in case of infection. thank you.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
Let me clarify that I never said that the white blood cell count or sed rate go up in acute HIV, just that the lymphocyte count goes down. This can be near the lower limit of normal or can be frankly abnormal.
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Sinus Infection After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Sexually Transmitted Disease Cause A Sore On Your Gums?
- Can I Use Vinegar To Find Out If I Have Std?
- What Age Group Is More Likely To Have Or Catch Genital Herpes?
- Acute Retroviral Syndrome Rash Pictures
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.