Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Blood Donation after Low Risk Exposure

Dear Dr. Feinberg,

I do not have a question but I would like to post a response to the person that donated blood to the Red Cross, knowing they had a low risk exposure. I worked for the Red Cross Blood Services and if this person will call and tell them about the low risk exposure, they could recall the blood or blood products from any hospitals it was shipped to or destroy anything that is on the shelves. This would be the only thing they could do to make this right.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Thank you very much for volunteering this information. It's a wonderful suggestion and I hope that the person who sent the orginal question sees it. Thanks again!

Influenza Vaccine
Lymphadenopathy