Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Pimples along both sides of the inner thigh

Dear Dr., Recently, I had reddish pimples along both sides of the inner thigh alongside my pubic hair. I had no rememberable symptoms before their appearance and they lasted about a week, before drying up and disappearing. One characteristic that I definitely remember is that the pimples usually had a pubic hair growing out of them or alongside them. As they were drying up, the pimplehead would become white, pus filled, and when popped, the liquid was light colored (more yellow than white). After a while, they would become harder, and blackheads. Once again, I felt no symptoms of any sickness, just a slight itching as the pimples were on its last days. Besides that, the whole episode was painless, unless the pimples were touched with pressure. These pimples did leave me with slight skin color changes along the areas infected (infected areas now a bit darker). I am sexually active, and the last time I had sex before this occurance, I wore a condom. Another fact worth mentioning...before the outbreak I would use a body spray for my pubic area. Could these pustules be a result from constant use of the spray, since they are alongside the left and right of the high pubic hair region, where there was more skin exposed than hair? Is this herpes? Is this folliculitis?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Sounds like folliculitis to me, which is not something you catch from other people.

Occurance of PCP
Influenza Vaccine