Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Muscle and Joints pain

I am positive from last 21 months and having no medicine. I have not told my status to anybody except my wife. I am just taking some vitamins myself. Since I am from poor country there is no provision for cd4 count and viral load count.

From last 8-9 months I am having muscle and joints pain. I went to physicians and tested my CBC, RA factor, uric acid level, blood sugar and liver function test. All the test came under normal range. their comments were, "you are normal from clinical findings. Some disease can be in dormant phase". They just gave me some pain killer tabs. I had diarrhea for about six month. now I am well except, my joints and muscle pain. I go to office and do all the works as my friends does. I am weak inside me. My weight is constant from last 4 years i.e. 61 kg.(height 5'3"). I have no other problem like cough, mouth ulcer, oral infections, dermatitis or etc. Just muscle and joints pain. Does it means killer disease is progressing and my final day is near? Do you have any comment on it?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

It is really hard to say what is going on. Muscle and joint pains are quite common and can be caused by many things other than HIV. Have you considered treatment for HIV? Without significant weight loss, I doubt that your end is near, but that is not really an accurate guess. Good Luck! Douglas T. Dieterich, M.D.

Weight Loss; Marinol or Steroids?
anabolics in early infection?