Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

How to treat molluscum

I have develop many wart like bumps in my face that the doctor refer to as "mollusk" (probably not spelled correctly). The only way that they treat them is by freezing them. Is there an easier way to treat this ? By now it is starting to cover all my face. I will appreciate your advise very much...

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Molluscum lesions are usually removed by treatment with liquid nitrogen, a way to freeze them. There are no standard medications for molluscum. If you are HIV-, and are either not being treated for your HIv or are not doing well on your current HIV therapy, then the best way to control molluscum is to take a combination of HIV medications. Often your immune system will get enough of a boost from controlling the HIV that problems like molluscum that have no specific therapy can be controlled by your own immune system.

CDC HIV FAQs: KS or rash?
Rare Skin Cancer