Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How to treat molluscum
Jun 1, 2001

I have develop many wart like bumps in my face that the doctor refer to as "mollusk" (probably not spelled correctly). The only way that they treat them is by freezing them. Is there an easier way to treat this ? By now it is starting to cover all my face. I will appreciate your advise very much...

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Molluscum lesions are usually removed by treatment with liquid nitrogen, a way to freeze them. There are no standard medications for molluscum. If you are HIV-, and are either not being treated for your HIv or are not doing well on your current HIV therapy, then the best way to control molluscum is to take a combination of HIV medications. Often your immune system will get enough of a boost from controlling the HIV that problems like molluscum that have no specific therapy can be controlled by your own immune system.

Previous
CDC HIV FAQs: KS or rash?
Next
Rare Skin Cancer

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.