|SYMPTOMS OF CANDIDA ESOPHAGITIS
Jun 1, 2001
Dear Dr. Feinberg,
Could you please provide me the symptoms of candida in the esophagus (i.e, fever, sore throat, coughing, any discharge, etc)? Also, could you still get this disease if your CD-4 count was above 800? Thank you for your hard work and compasion.
Response from Dr. Feinberg
The typical symptoms are pain with swallowing, especially in the mid-chest, and a feeling that food gets "stuck" on the way down. If it is severe enough, people will lose weight. It would be highly unusual to get this problem with T cells over 800.
friend (crewman) with HIV & TB
CDC HIV FAQs: KS or rash?
- Candida Esophagitis Symptoms?
- Bronchitis After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Touching Urine Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.