|friend (crewman) with HIV & TB
Jun 1, 2001
i had one friend who has got Hiv.now he is suffering with t.b.,can you advise us what to do?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
If you haven't had sex with your friend, I wouldn't worry about the HIV. But everyone working on the ship should have a skin test for TB, and then a chest X-ray if the skin test is positive. It is easy to spread TB, especially in close quarters, and you don't have to be HIV+ to get TB.
Could this be shingles
SYMPTOMS OF CANDIDA ESOPHAGITIS
- Is Thrush Connected To Vaginal Yeast Infection?
- Acute Hiv And Stomach Symptoms
- Have There Been Any Cases Of Transmission Of Hiv By Skin Contact
- Would Genital Herpes Hurt On The Vagina
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Herpes And Mouth Blisters?
- What Else Can Cause Blisters Besides Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.