Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Can PN be treated?

Dear Dr, I have been positive for last 2 years and not on med. Howwever, i have been taking some vitamin pills and on weight training. I have not checked my hiv markers like cd4 and viral load. From last two weeks i have been having strange feeling on my legs between knee and ankle. It feels like as if it is sizzling or somthing going wrong that area. something cold feeling and something burning sensation. I do not know what is it? Is it PN? can it be treated? regards,

Response from Dr. Feinberg

HIV-associated PN usually occurs in people who have been infected for a long time and starts in the toes. Your symptoms are not consistent with PN. If your problem persists, I suggest you seek medical care.

Parvo virus
using condom with spouse