Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

molluscum or warts

what is the difference between molluscum and warts. I had a couple of lesions removed from my hand and one small lesion removed from my face. One Doctor told me it was warts and another told me it was molluscum, can you get molluscum anywhere on your body, like your face, your genital area, your feet or your rectum?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Warts can occur in the various areas of the body you describe, but molluscum usually occur on the face and neck and not in the genital area. The two look different as well -- molluscum are usually rounded and pearly with a central dimple, and warts are more variable in size and shape, look fleshy and lack the central 'dot'. Both are removed in similar ways.

Yeast Infection, immune suppression, HIV
Losing Weight Quickly