Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

parvovirus infection

I have been diagnosed with parvo virus infection and would like to know more about treatments for this condition. So far I'm being treated with 50 grams of Immune Globulin every three weeks. This treatment seems to be failing because I now need to have transfusions once every two months. Is there any other treatment that could be added or changed? I also understand that this infection is very rare and there's not a lot of information on this condition, but if you could maybe direct me to a web site or anywhere that I can get more information on treatment. thank you

Response from Dr. Feinberg

Immune globulin is the only recognized treatment for parvovirus infection. I use it on a daily basis for 10 days in a row, not every 3 weeks, although there are no guarantees that using it on a different schedule would have a better outcome. You can get further details from this site and other linked sites, as well as from textbooks about viral diseases and HIV/AIDS.

Acute Pancreatitis
pain killers???