Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

PML

My partner has just been diagnosed with AIDS. His T cell count is 106 and the viral load is very high. He is on triple therapy for the 1st time. He has PML. What are his chances? Are there any trials?

Response from Dr. Feinberg

His chances are good if he takes his HIV meds faithfully. Sometimes PML will respond to improvement in the person's immune system as a result HIV therapy. I don't know of any PML trials at the moment, but you can always check 1-800-TRIALS-A or the corresponding website for more info. Don't give up-- the HIV cocktails have worked miracles-- and good luck!

Once Diagnosed With Aids Can You Go Back To HIV Diagnose?
Crixivan and In grown toe nail infections