Jun 19, 2000
My partner has just been diagnosed with AIDS. His T cell count is 106 and the viral load is very high. He is on triple therapy for the 1st time. He has PML. What are his chances? Are there any trials?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
His chances are good if he takes his HIV meds faithfully. Sometimes PML will respond to improvement in the person's immune system as a result HIV therapy. I don't know of any PML trials at the moment, but you can always check 1-800-TRIALS-A or the corresponding website for more info. Don't give up-- the HIV cocktails have worked miracles-- and good luck!
Once Diagnosed With Aids Can You Go Back To HIV Diagnose?
Crixivan and In grown toe nail infections
- HIV Test After Sex With A Prostitute
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Touching Urine Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Swallowing Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- After Treatment For Trichomoniasis How Should You Wait To Have Sex
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.