|High RBC- what does this mean?
Jun 19, 2000
I have had a high red bloos count ( 126 on 5-3-2000) and a HRBC on 7-22-99. What does this mean?
Response from Dr. Feinberg
I think you mean you have a high MCV (mean corpuscular volume) of your red blood cells. This means that the cells are larger than normal and is a common side effect of antiretroviral therapy with nucleoside analog drugs, such as AZT, 3TC, d4T, etc.
is prophylaxis still standard treatment?
Once Diagnosed With Aids Can You Go Back To HIV Diagnose?
- Odds Of Getting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Burning Urethra After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Mutual Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.