Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Genital Warts

Thank you for your excellent work. I have a question regarding genital warts. I have warts on my penis that have not responded to cryotherapy or Aldara cream. I have been using the cream for approximately 6 weeks. I am HIV+, VL undetectable and T cells 150. I am taking agenerase, norvir, epivir and ziagen. Any suggestions you have would be appreciated. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It may take longer than 6 weeks for the imiquimod (Aldara) to work -- be patient. Most courses of therapy are for up to 3 months. If the warts don't respond to Aldara after that, there are other local treatments, including surgical removal.

AIDS and it's relation to eye disease ie: glaucoma
Opportunistic infection thresholds