Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Opportunistic InfectionsOpportunistic Infections

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Nothing seems to work
Jun 26, 2000

I have been positive for one year and I'm not taking any meds. But I've been suffering from chronic vaginal bacterial infections before and after I tested positive. I've taken just about every form of med for it. The only thing it does is bring about yeast infections. It's a recycling thing and I'm so fed up. I don't wanna take any meds for my HIV -- my viral load is 1700o and T-cell 400. But I'm wondering if I do start meds will it help my problem? Or is there anything else I can do for it? for the record I am not sexually active at this moment.

Response from Dr. Feinberg

It sounds like you may have recurring bacterial vaginosis, and while this can happen to women who are HIV-, it is more common among HIV+ women. It is very possible that starting HIV meds will improve your immune system sufficiently so that you are not bothered by this problem, although neither I nor anyone else can promise you that outcome.

Previous
Peeling skin
Next
AIDS and it's relation to eye disease ie: glaucoma

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.